Friday, June 18, 2010

Latifah Dodges the Lesbian Question, again

 Some assume Queen Latifah is a lesbian. She hints around, but the mystery lingers on. Wouldn't it be great to finally have a voice for black gay people? Here's a piece of her interview...

Upscale: You’ve been asked so much about your sexuality. Wouldn’t it be easier at this point to just speak on it-once-and be done with it?

Queen Latifah: I don’t have to explain anything. I don’t have to confirm anything. Look, I need my time. I need my life.

Upscale: But isn’t that a part of being a celebrity, letting people into your personal life?

Queen Latifah: You know, I was looking at something the other day. A magazine with Jennifer Aniston on the cover. That’s a strong woman right there. All of these people in her business — who is she dating? Angie this. Brad that. They come up with so much stuff. That’s a tough situation to be in. My situation is small compared to that. But still, I don’t feel like I need to explain. I’m the one living it. You write about it. You go ahead and speculate. I’ll just live it.

Source: Upscale magazine

Follow me on Twitter: @therealcstewart

1 comment:

  1. Your funny, I read that too. I had the pleasure of interviewing her and she was a delight.

    ReplyDelete