Saturday, June 26, 2010

An Email from L.A.

It's Saturday morning and the only reason I'm awake at 9:00 a.m. is because "my guy" had a photo shoot to art direct, and as he was leaving my place he asked me to lock the door behind him.  I got up, locked the door and I grabbed my cell phone from the dresser before I crawled back in the bed to check emails, texts, Facebook, and Twitter messages that may have come through and this is the first thing I saw....


From: Beyonce World 
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 19:54:02 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Im Amazed

Hello my name is Shannon from los angeles ca and i came across your blog today & i am absolutely amazed of all of the lost knowledge i learned today reading your blog.you are the example of what society needs to see from a gay black man. You have stimulated my mind and inspired me so much. And your play...WOW, this what the world needs to see. No one can interpret the lifestyle better than ourselves. I hope this play leaves a grand mark and i cant wait to see the finished product. If no one has ever told you I want to say thank you, for sharing your knowledge to people like me. You may not have the fame or success like tyler perry but sure captured the heart of a new fan. Dont stop until you reach the top!!!!

Signed,
A newfound fan

This is my reply:

I almost deleted your email without opening it because I thought it was spam because the "FROM:" field said "Beyonce World". My mouth was wide open as I read your email and I couldn't help but wonder how you learned about the blog. Before I knew it I was in tears sobbing because I struggle on many levels daily to get "A Day in the Life" the brand to the masses.

It's been eight years and counting since I sat down to write the stage play, and it's since developed into a script for cable (not yet developed) and the blog. I created the blog with hopes of reaching young gay people, perhaps, in small towns that need examples of progressive gay people to inspire, uplift, and encourage. Thank you, thank you, thank you for giving me reasonS today to continue searching for resources and making daily sacrifices for "A Day in the Life".

Craig Stewart

Proof yet again that God works through people...

Follow me on Twitter: @therealcstewart

2 comments:

  1. Craig, you know you are the bomb baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (smiling) Thanks Jenet. I love that you follow consistently....

    ReplyDelete